|Many of you reach out to us to get
recommendations for qualified and reputable
repairers. We know most of the folks who work
you in contact with them.
We would always enjoy a conversation with you
first if you are looking to do a repair. Please call
us at 1.866.EXQUSIT (ext. 701), or send your
photos and questions to:
1. Most repairers would like to see a photograph of the inside and outside of your
box or cage before they'll be able to quote the work. If you are in any way
uncomfortable opening the mechanism -- THEN DON'T!
2. Thankfully most often the bird stops singing because the bellows has failed -- a
materials pass the test of time -- make sure they are used.
3. Sometimes it is impossible to quote a price until they actually have the item in
hand and can look at it. Be sure your person is reputable and 'known' before you
ship it and have them take it apart.
4. Be patient with the repair, some parts are easy to come by, others literally must
be scavenged from other hard-to-find pieces.
5. Unfortunately, you may find when your repair person opens your box that it is
not as it was represented when sold. Sometimes parts have been shared among
boxes and cages over the years -- and often poorly retrofit.
Think of this work as 'antique restoration' sometimes of museum quality -- find the
Please get back to us after your restoration is complete to share your feedback on
the restorer and process. We'll share your learnings with others.
|Logo, Design, and Images all properties of the original owners. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2006 Sisyphus Group, LLC.
|Singing Bird Restoration/Repair